Missions & Values
Our mission and values are core to what we at Cistercian College represent.
The Cistercian College community is committed to educating and developing our students to reach their potential in a Christian, caring, affirming, inclusive and supportive environment, so that they lead fulfilling lives and make a positive contribution to society.
To be a leading boys secondary school, nationally and internationally, delivering exceptional education, which is holistic and inclusive, developed in an environment rich in the Cistercian ethos, the Irish spirit, and sense of community, where our graduates are recognised to be resilient of moral character, with strong leadership qualities.
- We remain true to our rich Christian and Catholic history and to those who have gone before us, where the whole College community works tirelessly towards the achievement of each one’s full potential, to be the very best that each can be while staying grounded and resilient in the face of adversity.
- Facilitate students and staff working together in partnership across our full College programme, recognising that each person’s talents are unique and individual.
- Inspire all within the College community to live by core Cistercian values of reflection, academic endeavour, work, and recreation as well as develop the spiritual, moral, and personal qualities of the students in a progressive boarding school environment.
- To develop and deliver an exceptional education on our unique rural campus setting, facilitated by ongoing investment in our teaching resources, our technology, and our extensive facilities.
- Support students in a welcoming, inclusive and affirming environment producing solid, self-assured, confident young men well equipped for the transition to adult life, who will make a positive contribution to the lives of the women, men, and the environment with which they engage.
- Live out the College motto in our everyday lives: ‘Insideat coelis animo sed corpore terris – Let the mind be in heaven while the body dwells upon the earth.’